cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayuranp
Creator
Creator

Add a row no field to a straight table

I have a straight table in my qlikview app. I want to warn the users before exporting the table as it can contain a lot of records. Dimensions in this table is not fixed and the users can select the fields to appear in this table.

Ideally, I want to display the no of records in the table caption. From what I read, I think this is not possible.

As a workaround, I would like to add a field that has the row numbers. Is this possible? I tried Rank() and RowNo() functions with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If your listbox-field is directly associated to the real fieldnames you could just use this field, maybe by extending the load for it, for example:

SelectDimensions:

load * inline [

YourDimensionListbox, RealFieldnames

Country, CountryName

];

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try

rowno(total)

Learning never stops.
mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

I have seen this in many places in qlik community and it is returning always 1.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

my bad .. i understood you wanted it in rows can you try count (distinct dim1,dim2...) add your dimension here.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

Dimensions in the table can vary as per user selection.

marcus_sommer

You mean the user has a listbox from which multiple dimensions could be chosen? Then you could use something like this:

count(distinct $(=concat('[' & YourDimensionListbox & ']', '&')))

- Marcus

mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

I have a list box with fields where the user can choose the dimensions to appear in the straight table. However, the list box does not have the full field names.

For example: Real Field Name is CountryName and the list box has a value 'Country' for the user to select to display CountryName field in the table.

If I cannot come up with a better solution I need to display the field names as they are in the list box and use this approach to display the no of records in the table.

Some field names are long and do not want to display as they are.

marcus_sommer

If your listbox-field is directly associated to the real fieldnames you could just use this field, maybe by extending the load for it, for example:

SelectDimensions:

load * inline [

YourDimensionListbox, RealFieldnames

Country, CountryName

];

- Marcus

mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

This is working nicely. I hope it is not an expensive function in Qlikview.

Thanks