Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxime66
Creator
Creator

Add entire sheet to the report

Hi Qlikers,

I wonder if it's possible to add a Sheet Object in a report (selecting the Sheet ID)

I have a sheet with many objects and when i move them to Report Window it become a real mess

thx for your help.

6 Replies
avinashelite

As per my knowledge no ....you could try with the Nprinting tool. It will give the option to add the complete sheet as an image to report

marcus_sommer

Unfortunately is the usage of the qlikview report editor not very advanced and you need some patience and frustrating tolerance to create good looking reports (well not so good looking like with NPrinting but often sufficient). Of course you could create or adjust reports per macro like in this APIGuide.qvw example:

set rep = ActiveDocument.GetApplication.CreateEmptyReport

rep.Name = "MyNewReport"

rep.Comment = "Sample report"

rep.Pages.Add

rep.Pages.Item(0).Landscape = true

rep.Pages.Item(0).PageMode = 0      'single paper page

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Add

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Item(0).ObjectId = "CH21"

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Item(0).Rect.Top = 0  'top

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Item(0).Rect.Left = 0  'left

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Item(0).Rect.Height = 0.5 'half paper height

rep.Pages.Item(0).Items.Item(0).Rect.Width = 0.5 'half paper width

ActiveDocument.AddDocReport rep

But it won't be easier then to do it manually. Very helpful to adjust the objects on a report isn't to use the mouse for positioning and sizing else to use menu to set these properties.

- Marcus

maxime66
Creator
Creator
Author

So frustrating !

thx anyway,

in fact Report section is a big point of improvement for Qlik ...

marcus_sommer

I don't believe that there is much hope on any improvements. In the last year qlik bought NPrinting and now they are more interested to sell it.

- Marcus

maxime66
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yes we also use Nprinting for massive Emailing.

For Pdf on demand we would have to create input request on our server to launch Nprinting and we want to avoid this kind of method ...

marcus_sommer

I don't know NPrinting from own experience and therefore I'm not sure if it makes sense to mix up both tools NPrinting and the Report Editor. With the Report Editor you could create some flexibilities which reports should be displayed respectively available and also which objects and data they should contain (querying osuser() and controlling the visibility per selections and/or variables) - but this isn't easy and will need some efforts (depending on the degree of your needed flexibilities).

- Marcus