Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kolov007
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add field from cyclic group in TOTAL expression

I have a problem.

I need to add a current field from cyclic group in Total expression, but my expression doesn't work with function:

Please, help me to solve this task.

Screenshot_2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

For spaces in field... you can further add this

$(='[' & GetCurrentField(Stat_gr_expr) & ']')

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

May be use

$(=GetCurrentField(Stat_gr_expr))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Just add $() for your Current field and let me know

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

For spaces in field... you can further add this

$(='[' & GetCurrentField(Stat_gr_expr) & ']')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can either use a dollar sign expansion using GetCurrentField() ...

... or just add all fields from the cyclic group to the TOTAL qualifier field list.

From the HELP:

TOTAL qualifier

Using the total qualifier inside your aggregation function disregards the dimensional value.

The aggregation will be performed on all possible field values.

The TOTAL qualifier may be followed by a list of one or more field names within angle brackets. These field names should be a subset of the chart dimension variables. In this case, the calculation is made disregarding all chart dimension variables except those listed, that is, one value is returned for each combination of field values in the listed dimension fields. Also, fields that are not currently a dimension in a chart may be included in the list. This may be useful in the case of group dimensions, where the dimension fields are not fixed. Listing all of the variables in the group causes the function to work when the drill-down level changes.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/define-aggregatio...

sunny_talwar

That's a great idea, but the list of dimensions within the cycle group might be huge and might make it difficult to manage. Good option for Qlik Sense where GetCurrentField is not an option