Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewhelp245
Contributor
Contributor

Adding a Bookmark Across Multiple Fields

Is it possible to create a bookmark for a  QlikView document that spans across multiple fields. I want the population to be selected across three fields within the data. It would be an OR statement instead of AND. If so, how do I go about doing this?

3 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

I don't understand your question, bookmark is basically capturing of a state with n number of selection...it can use any number of field. For example I can select country USA, and state texas and product P1 and bookmark it .. everytime I will open the saved bookmark (lets say bm1), I will get these selection already done..some one else want to Uk instead of USA and can create another bookmark

If you mean that you want to add possible values from different bookmark in a set, the you can do it this way 

sum({<Field1=p({bm1}Field1)+p({bm2}Field1)+p({bm3}Field1)>}Sales) where bm1 ,bm2 and bm3 are bookmarks. Explain your requirement in more detail if this is not what you need

qlikviewhelp245
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, I was not clear enough. Lets say I have a data set with 3 fields. Each field has different type of values and are independent of each other. I am looking to create the bookmark you described in your first paragraph off of this data set. 

For example,

Field 1 can be A or B.

Field 2 can be C or D or E 

Field 3 can be ! or ? 

Is it possible to create a bookmark that will identify the records that have values of A in Field 1, D or E in Field 2 and ? in Field 3. I don't need it to be an AND statement, rather I am looking for an OR statement. If a record has any of the values in the previous statement it will be part of the sample and I can then pull that population instead of the total population using the bookmark. Does that make sense? Thank you for your help. 

**Currently, when I add a bookmark I am doing it off of a filter on a list box object. The issue is that it is an AND statement. For example, in the example above if I filter Field 1 to A, then Field 2 and 3 only show records where the values for the remaining records had an A in Field 1. I do not want my choice to be restrained by the first selection. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Andrew, that is going to require a data model effort, you would basically need a data island in order to do that etc...  This will kick things back up to the top of the list, not sure if anyone else will have something more specific or not, but this is going to be fairly complex I believe.   It might help if you can attach a sample app in this case, so folks can see the data model as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.