Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding text to a value expression

I have the following gauge in my dashboard:

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 12.49.59.png

I need to add text 'from last month' after the -23.1% in the chart and i tried the following expression:

=(Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1) & 'from last month'

This is not working as the expression is wrong.  Please assist with the right expression.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be leave the expression as is and add Text in chart as this new expression above. So essentially this is what I mean

Expression: =(Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1)

Text in Chart (on presentation tab)

=(Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1) & 'from last month'

and then you can move text in chart by pressing (Ctrl + Shift) and place it at the same spot you have your current number and hide the value on data point for the expression.

Or try this as your expression without doing any of the things I mentioned above.

Dual((Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1) & 'from last month', (Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1))

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be leave the expression as is and add Text in chart as this new expression above. So essentially this is what I mean

Expression: =(Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1)

Text in Chart (on presentation tab)

and then you can move text in chart by pressing (Ctrl + Shift) and place it at the same spot you have your current number and hide the value on data point for the expression.

Or try this as your expression without doing any of the things I mentioned above.

Dual((Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1) & 'from last month', (Sum({$<$(vSetMTD)>} (Rx))/Sum({$<$(vSetPreviousMonth)>} (Rx))  - 1))

vikasmahajan

Right Click Chart Properties - >  Text in Chart Option -> Type From Last Month  using shift + ctrl move this to desired place

HTH

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If it is fixed, then put a Text box with your required string on top just besides your expression value and set text box background transparency to 100%

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Christopher,

Try your above expression like below,

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

hey christopher ,

you can add a text object which will be visible on conditional.ie. it will be visible when -21.3 will be the value when your gauge will have

or you can go to presentation tab in that go to text in chart then select add. then add expression this way if((your expression which you added in gauge expression tab)>-23,'from last month'&(your expression)&'%')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny, using the first option how do i hide the expression value?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vikas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Balraj

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tamil