Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braham
Creator
Creator

Advanced Pivot Table Question

I would appreciate some input from the forum

I would like to produce a pivot table with two dimensions and one calculated value. The dimensions are Year and month, and category, while the value is Sum(Amount). By using the pivot table with 'Show Partial Sums' ticked I get a pivot tale for 201401, category A, Category B, Category C and a subtotal for 201401. So far so good. However the problem that I have is that for my Total I only get a total of all categories. What I would like is a total per category for all the data. It would therefore be a total for category A, Category B and Category C for all Year/Month.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't see an easy solution just in the front end.

If you add a field combining YearMonth values with 'Totals' linked to any YearMonth dimension value in your script, you may be able to achieve what you want. See attached.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Easiest solution would be to pivot one of the dimensions to the top, this will create all requested sub totals.

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes that would solve the problem, but I would prefer the layout as the data will be copied to a spread sheet, and it needs the specific layout.

Regards

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't see an easy solution just in the front end.

If you add a field combining YearMonth values with 'Totals' linked to any YearMonth dimension value in your script, you may be able to achieve what you want. See attached.

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi swuehl

Thanks for the assistance on this question, its much appreciated.