Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Advantages of Qlikview over tableau

Hi Community

Can anyone help me out with the advantages of qlikview over tableau. I want to know about the features which are there in qlikview, but not in tableau. Why should a customer prefer qlikview over tableau? What are the key selling points of qlikview over tableau?

Regards

Smriti

13 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master

‌Hi Ralf

i do agree with your point listed the benefit of QV.

but then some how when I view the tab demo , it seen to me the chart are more power full the QV .

Only issue is when I try to play with Tab , I find it hard to get support.

PAul

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Agree with QlikView charts. But Qlik Sense charts are state-of-the-art now and comparable.

For the learning curve, you're right. I find Tab not very intuitive... I'm sure you will find enough material in books and blogs.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
joan_marty
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I would add in addition of all already discussion that Qlik offer data discovery capabilitites thantk to its associative engine. I mean that when you have data and you don't what can be found out of this, Qlik is the only one able to let you discover your hidden informations.

In the case of Tableau, Spotifre, PowerBI user shall link their graph together to find discover. And then a simple question appear... How can I connect content (like several data sources) if I don't know the tiggers that are existing ?

To conclude, even if each solutions are quite close in term of visualisation with some advantages on one side or the other, when you need to navigate within your data prior being able to create reports, Qlik is the only one which offer you a real discovery capability.

paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Joan

Thank you very much for your input . Yes I agree with you associate engine is great feature.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804