Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

After droping all tables qlikview still hold open large amount of memory.

Qlikview 10 sr4

After droping all tables qlikview still hold open large amount of memory.

I have tryed this on many machines but if you load a large table and then drop it qlikview keeps the memory alocation. More damaging is that you can only get this memory back after you restart qlikview.

This memory is also not reused so if you load a large table drop it and load another large table your memory foot print is the same as if you had not dropped the first table.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clisboa_noesis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I've noticed it previously, and yes it only happens on the desktop since the reload on the server is made by the qvb.exe that is killed once the task is completed.

In my current project i have to restart the desktop client after de reload so that memory is reclaimed.

Regards,

Carlos

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I find this very interesting because I also recognized different reload performace after reducing data but never have looked after the used memory.

I presume this is only happen on desktop client.

Btw, can you move this thread to the QlikBug group: http://community.qlik.com/groups/qlikbug

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
clisboa_noesis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I've noticed it previously, and yes it only happens on the desktop since the reload on the server is made by the qvb.exe that is killed once the task is completed.

In my current project i have to restart the desktop client after de reload so that memory is reclaimed.

Regards,

Carlos