Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr Function expression issue

Hi All,

I am facing some performance issues in a qlikview application that process around 50 Mil rows of data.

The issue is 2 fold:

> We have multiple drill groups in the applications and are displaying labels at multiple places based on the current drill down group level. Hence a lot of nested ifs are there.I am just thinking if nested ifs can be converted to something more efficient.

> We are using aggr functions in many expressions that could be causing slowness. An example format of the aggr logic we are using is this. I am thinking if it can be replaced with a set expression, but not sure. What set expression would it be.

=sum(if(aggr(sum({<[Unique ID]={">0"}>}' & Chr(36) & '(GrossSales)),' & Chr(36) & '(vAggrHierarchyFieldName), [uniqueIDs])>=10000,1,0))

Here vAggrHierachyFieldName is a nested iff to get the field name of the current level of the drill down group. Its again a nested iff statement.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Raghu

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

just an idea.

Maybe the function getcurrentfield(GroupName) can solve your issue. It displays the Name of the actike Field in the drill down group

Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to convert the Aggr based expression into set analysis. I have a feeling that its too heavy.

Thanks

Raghu