Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr Function using Cyclic Groups

Hi Folks

I have a challenge for you all......

I have an expression in a straight table that calculates values according to current and prior fx rates and summarises by an investment name, the table has the investment name as a dimension and the following as an expression:

=Num(
Sum(Aggr(
(
( Sum ( _rFMV )
( Round(Max(FX_toUSD_RepDate),0.000001) - Round(Max(FX_toUSD_CompDate),0.000001) ) )
/
Round(Max(FX_toUSD_RepDate),0.000001)
)
, RG_Investment, _pCCY
))

/ vDivisor ,vNumberFormat
)

Now the above works perfectly and gives me exactly the results I need.

The problem:

The straight table where I want to put this is using a cyclic group rather than the investment name, so the aggregation should go over the current active field of the cyclic group. I have created the following expression:

=Num(
Sum(Aggr(
(
( Sum ( _rFMV )
( Round(Max(FX_toUSD_RepDate),0.000001) - Round(Max(FX_toUSD_CompDate),0.000001) ) )
/
Round(Max(FX_toUSD_RepDate),0.000001)
)
, GetCurrentField("XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations"), _pCCY
))

/ vDivisor ,vNumberFormat
)

You will notice that the only difference between them is the use of GetCurrentField("XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations") in place of RG_Investment.

This expression produces results of zero across the board, and now I'm stuck, any help would be very much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nigel,

I've tried make an example close to yours but you use a lot fields which I don't understan, however, I made my own example using the same filosofy like yours.

I think the sentence GetCurrentField("XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations") doesn't work because the function GetCurrentField returns a text (Field name) and not a Field as itself. So I found a possible solution, using something like if(GetCurrentField(MyGroup) = 'Key', Key, key2) for replacing the sentence. Check out my example and I hope you will understan it better.

The drawback is remembering add all fields included in the group now and in a future.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nigel,

I've tried make an example close to yours but you use a lot fields which I don't understan, however, I made my own example using the same filosofy like yours.

I think the sentence GetCurrentField("XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations") doesn't work because the function GetCurrentField returns a text (Field name) and not a Field as itself. So I found a possible solution, using something like if(GetCurrentField(MyGroup) = 'Key', Key, key2) for replacing the sentence. Check out my example and I hope you will understan it better.

The drawback is remembering add all fields included in the group now and in a future.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the response, I had come to the same conclusion myself and have implemented your suggestion.

As you say, the problem is remembering in the future when I add fields to the group (but maybe I'll have left the company by then)!

Cheers,

Not applicable
Author

I had a similar problem and the solution, at least to my problem, was very simple. I just used the cyclic group as a field. In your case just try to use

[XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations] instead of GetCurrentField("XXX_CycleGroup_Valuations").
Not applicable
Author

Yup, agree with Bigakis, the answer in this case was very simple, just use the name of the cyclic group.

Cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Yep it's working. thank u