Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

Aggr with Max problem - finding the highest different.

hi to all ,

i have an expresion :

= sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>}  wanted_num )  ,ID  )  )  -  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} current_num )  ,ID )  ) 

shortly - i need to find the sums diff between wanted_num and current_num for each ID.

Its OK , but i need also to find the max result of the highest ID , so i use

=  aggr ( max

(  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>}  wanted_num )  ,ID  )  )  -  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} current_num        )  ,ID    )  )  )                        , ID)

But it does not work ,

NEED YOUR HELP , THANKS.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You were nesting aggregation functions without an aggr. You could also try using the ColorMix wizard. See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

FirstSortedValue({<Subject = {1}>} wanted_num, -ID) - FirstSortedValue({<Subject = {1}>} current_num, -ID)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve, could you explain with some sample lines of records?

This

= sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>}  wanted_num )  ,ID  )  )  -  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} current_num )  ,ID )  ) 

does not 'sums diff between wanted_num and current_num for each ID', it calculates the difference between the sums across each id. Which makes a difference, IMHO...

Kushal_Chawda

try this,

=FirstSortedValue (sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>}  wanted_num )  ,ID  )  )  -  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} current_num )  ,ID )  ) ,

- aggr(sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>}  wanted_num )  ,ID  )  )  -  sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} current_num )  ,ID )) ,ID ) )

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document with some example data and a table with the results you expect. An excel file with source data and a result table are ok too.

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Gysbert ( and all the rest minds ) ,

You're right, we should see a concrete example, I have attached a document.  the idea is to paint the DIFF column in shades of green, in relative to the that value appears.

So if the formula = sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} (WANTED_NUM-CURRENT_NUM) )  , ID  )  ) 

i am using variable  vColorDiff = 255 / max ( sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} (WANTED_NUM-CURRENT_NUM) )  , ID  )  )  )

and  in the background color  = argb (    sum (  aggr (  max  (  {$<Subject={1}>} (WANTED_NUM-CURRENT_NUM) )  , ID  )  )      * vColorDiff  , 0 , 140 , 0  )     -So a high value will be dark

the problem is that  vColorDiff  expression is error .. 

THANKS.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You were nesting aggregation functions without an aggr. You could also try using the ColorMix wizard. See attached qvw

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Great solution !!    you are making a big help , thanks!!!!!!!

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi , i try to use it - but something is wrong , any way i got help from the great Gysbert

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi its not good , i think i didnt make the question clear , hi , i try to use it - but something is wrong , any way i got help from the great Gysbert