Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poonam_kulwal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Aggregate historical data

Hi,

I have a dashboard with 3 months data. I am presenting complete Log analysis based on 3 months data.

Now I am looking forward to present a char (on same dashboard) to show analysis based on

• Year on Year (2016 - 2017)
  • Month on Month (2016March - 2017March)
  • Week on Week

For this kind of analysis I need to pull complete data starting year 2016 till data. It will be very large data.

It’s a log which are big in size. 5 kinds of logs, each 2 Gb in size for a month.

Is there any way I can pull/aggregate historical data weekly/monthly/yearly in QVDs (so that it will not consume too much space ) in order to display in chart only?

Could you please provide me some idea how to approach this?

Thanks & Regards,

Poonam

3 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

when you need to reduce the amount of data loaded, you will need to aggregate your data in the script, so you will need to use the GROUP BY clause. (no matter the source type, QVD, EXCEL, DATABASE)

If you have measure(s) in your table, here is one example

table:

LOAD

fieldA

fieldB

fieldC

sum(measure) as measure

from...

Group by

fieldA,

fieldB,

fieldC;

==> the rule is to group by all the fields that are not in an aggregation function.

Try to give us the structure of your table and we will try to help you with the groupby you need.

poonam_kulwal
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I tried same approach.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

and ?