Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allocated Memory Exceeded - Conditional Statement Issue?

Hello,

I'm trying to get a Pie chart to show the data of incidents that were opened in the last 28 days, and are ranked level 1 and level 2. I have created a variable that measures the last 28 days. Below is my code for my expression, is this the reason I'm getting the error message?

Sum(
{<
[Incident Severity Code]={'1','2'},
[Incident Open Date]={'>=$(v28DaysBack)'}
>}
[Incident Counter])

Incident Counter is the number of all incidents, severity code is what level (so I only want level 1's and 2's) and the open date is when they were logged as open.

Speaking to the service manager the memory utilisation is at 60% so nothing to worry about on that front.

Thanks for the help,

Michael

8 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is your expression in that variable can you post it please ?

May be you can try:

Sum( {< [Incident Severity Code]={'1','2'}, [Incident Open Date] =  {"$(= '>=' & Date([Incident Open Date], 'MM/DD/YYYY') -28) & '<=' & Date([Incident Open Date], 'MM/DD/YYYY'))" }  >} [Incident Counter])

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vish,

Below is the variable:

v28DaysBack: Date(Today()-28,'dd-MMM-YYYY')

I'll try what you've suggested anyway and it came up with "No data to display".

Thanks,
Michael

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you change your variable to this and try ?

IS your [Incident Open Date] has the same format as your variable date?

Sum(
{<
[Incident Open Date]={" $(= '>=' & '$(v28DaysBack)' & '<=' Date(Today(), 'dd-MMM-YYYY') )" }
>}
[Incident Counter])

Colin-Albert

The first thing I would check is the data model.

Do the fields you are using exist in separate tables that are not associated in the data model? If so then a Cartesian join is created in memory hence the out-of-memory error.

See this post for more details  Re: Why do unlinked tables consume excessive memory?

Not applicable
Author

They are in the same table from the same source, so I don't think that would be the issue.

Not applicable
Author

What did you need me to change my variable to? Or should I just change the expression to what you've listed as above?

Michael

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sorry I mean can you try the below expression and see if you getting any values.

I presume the IncidentOpenDate is in the same date format 'dd-MMM-YYYY'.

Sum(
{<
[Incident Open Date]={" $(= '>=' & '$(v28DaysBack)' & '<=' Date(Today(), 'dd-MMM-YYYY') )" }
>}
[Incident Counter])

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First, define the variable slightly differently - add a leading = sign:

Set v28DaysBack = =Date(Today()-28,'dd-MMM-YYYY');

(not a typo, you could also add the = sign in the variable overview)

Then use the expression:

=Sum(

{<

[Incident Open Date]={">=$(=v28DaysBack)"}

>}

[Incident Counter])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein