Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow User Reload

Hi All,

How can a user be given the privilege to Reload the QVW report or QVW application

i tried to use by,

Document Properties -> Security -> Allow User Reload

but on the user end, not getting any option to reload

Please addon to my knowledge to overcome this requirement ( Working on QVW 9 SR7 )

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That works whn the document is opened locally and, according to the Section Access table, the ADMIN field for that user contains the value USER. When you open the document in a Server, regardless the client you use (Ajax, Desktop, Plugin...) you are never allowed to reload, even if you are a document administrator.

Hope that helps,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

The user access the document throuh plugin

so does that implies user cant be allowed to reload, my requirement is to give the user control to pull the recent data from the qlikview system during monthend process without any manual intervention from the developers end.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then if you are running QlikView Server v11 you should create Document Administrators on the folders they usually work so they can get to the QMC and see only their documents, in order to create, modify, run and stop tasks over their and only their documents.

The setting is on the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Servers, expand and click, and on the right part, Folders tab, Document Administrators. Add each user with rights manually and check.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks Migeuel,

But m using v9 SR7

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then you should use EDX tasks to trigger tasks from a button, for example. Note that EDX behaves differently in versions 9, 10 and 11, so I'd say it's worth starting to think of upgrading to 11, even just version 9 is no longer officially supported.

Hope that helps.

Miguel