Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow User to Sort data on a table

Hi,

Is it possible to allow a user to sort data on a table? eg allow them to sort results from high to low, low to high. Or must this be pre-defined in the backend and never changed?

I know it is possible to use a sort expression but I'm not sure what I would need to put in there. I'm thinking of having a variable that the user can control which will the sort expression will base off of. e.g. user clicks a button which sets vSortOrder to 1. The sort expression will sort according to the value of this variable.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

CG

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In table boxes all columns are sortable. You can define how columns should be sorted, but users can change the sort order interactively. For straight tables you have an option per column to allow interactive sort. The default is to allow it. Pivot tables are very finicky when it comes to sorting and it doesn't have interactive sort.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the reply. Without using the default sort "Y-value: descending" is there an expression that would do this? Sorting from high to low regardless of number of entries. Data is all in percentages.

Cheers,

CG