Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate State - Passing Multiple State at once to Base state (Inherited state).

Hello Team,

i have to pass the selection made in list box which are in different Alternate states,

on button Action to a chart.

Ex:

Untitled.png

in the above screen, i have 2 Alternate state (State -1 an State - 2) and a Straight table which is in Inherited state.

if I select Status from State - 1 & click on Apply - Ac1 , the a Straight table which is in Inherited state has filtered the records based on the Status selected in State - 1 (i have used Copy state content action  ).

next, if i Select Category as 2 in State - 2, and click on Apply - Ac2 then the Straight table should show only the record which has Status as "In Evaluation"  & Category as "2". but i am not sure how to achieve this.

if i click on Apply - AC2, it is filtering only category 2 records.  as show in the below screen.

Untitled1.png

I need to carry forward both the alternate state as filter. attached qvw file.

Need help on this.............

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this video tutorial helps: Using Alternate States to Select Multiple Values in a List Box with Different Attributes

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks gwassenaar

but i am having more number of fields used as filters in each states...hence i am looking some thing like "copy state content" trigger at once. also, i need to captured existing applied state content.

the state1 selection is override by another state selection.

pls, find the attached sample qvw file. where it is overriding ! state1 selection after another state selection is made.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand why you need two alternate states in the first place. You simply makes selections in two fields and the result should be the records that meet both selections. You don't need alternate states for this at all.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

I got the requirement, like below.

in the state 1, i made few selections & apply that selection to the charts.   i need to drill down with further selection made in State 1 by applying the selection made in State 2.

in between , if i am not satisfied with selection made in State 2  ...i need to cancel the selection made in Sate2 & retain the selection made in State1.

any help on this .....will be help full

Thanks & regards

Rajashekar

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There's a button in the toolbar to move back (and forward) through selections you've made earlier.