Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate States with Date Range

I have a requirement to show program participation data with alternate states, so the user can select one set of years/months to compare to another set of years/months to see metrics such as count of participants.  In the program participation data, i have a participation start/stop date for each participant.  I'm seeking advice on how to write my expression so that it will count participants when the selected year/month for each alternate state falls within their start/stop dates. 

I started with an interval match to get a list of all actual dates between each participant's start/stop dates but I finally killed the reload when it reached over 1.5 billion rows - that did not seem efficient.

I've attached a sample file that hopefully makes clear what i'm trying to do.

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe like in the attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe like in the attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

YES!  This works perfectly... as long as the years/months chosen are successive (as opposed to selecting just Feb & March of 2012 and 2013 for example) but for my purposes that is how the users should be selecting anyway.  Thanks so much!!