Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always only the first expression is showed in line graph.

Always only the first expression is showed in line graph.

I'am trying to create a line chart,
with 1 dimension
and 4 expressions.
each expression is displayed based on selections, for which I have if statements.
But the problem is that always only the first expression is displayed, from, even if the condition for the second expression is met, still shows as no data, However if I promote my second expression to first then it shows up the line.

so looks like always only the first expression is displayed as line in the chart, what could be the problem?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Zilow,

the problem could be your if()-statement(s), right ? Smile

So best is to post the whole app to go deeper or send us at least your expressions.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

I have attached the whole project file

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

it took me some time to get back (and to find my posts in the new enviroment ;-)). Perhaps you solved your problems meanwhile but let me post some notes anyway:

- I never heard that the position of a expression is important to work or not

- to look behind the curtain I copied your chart into a straight table

- there I recognized a lot of dashes "-" which made me assume that the corresponding expressions are not able to calc correctly (independent of the order in the straight table)

- then I took a look at two of your expressions and as you can see in my textboxes, the value of "exp_RD_FCST4.2.0_DaysFactor" is missing at least in "vINV4.2.0ReleaseDate" and in "vINV4.2.1ReleaseDate".

- btw: your if()-statements look great and correct (wow!!), as far as I was able to look behind the scenes. But I think you have a great burdon with your data modell. I am missing a link between the tables releasedate and data. I am sure you have the logic (of course in most (all?) of your heavy IF()-statements) to create one or two fields to build a relationship between the two tables mentioned above. Or may be you should enhance the data-table with new coloumns.

HtH

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for taking time to go through my file, and explaining the gaps, Am considering looking into correcting my data model.

Thanks again.