Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Apply different number format

I am doing a P&L statement. The first 3 lines in the Dimension/Field is for Quantity (Kg) and the remainder is Cost/Revenue ($).

For the quantity lines I don't want to format tthe numbers with a preceding $ but everything else that is Revenue/Cost should be in the currency format.

In my expression, I tried using :

num(Sum ({<MonthName=,MonthID={">=1<=$(=($(vMonthID)))"}>}[2014 Actual])/1000,if(MeasureName='* Qty',' #,##0','$#,##0'))

This still displays every line in currency format and will not ignore for those lines which end in the text 'Qty'.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Jay.

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

What are the values for MeasureName ?  Also ensure your number tab has not designated an output format.

if(MeasureName='* Qty',

num(   Sum ({<MonthName=,MonthID={">=1<=$(=($(vMonthID)))"}>}[2014 Actual])/1000, ' #,##0'),

num(  Sum ({<MonthName=,MonthID={">=1<=$(=($(vMonthID)))"}>}[2014 Actual])/1000,'$#,##0')

)

Not applicable
Author

Still displays all lines in currency format.

The MeasureName values for quantity are 'Reporting Qty', 'Sales Qty' and 'Base Qty'.

The number tab is set to 'Expression Default'.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

if( wildmatch(MeasureName,'* Qty' ) ,

num(   Sum ({<MonthName=,MonthID={">=1<=$(=($(vMonthID)))"}>}[2014 Actual])/1000, ' #,##0'),

num(  Sum ({<MonthName=,MonthID={">=1<=$(=($(vMonthID)))"}>}[2014 Actual])/1000,'$#,##0')

)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan.

Unfortunately It only works for the last month and not all the months.

Its a pivot table with 2 dimensions (MeasureName and Month) and I dragged the month as columns to give me a trend report.

see attached

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can you share the QVW ? I feel like there are a few things going on in the background.