Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Auto Adjust image Ajax

Expert

I would like to know if there is a way to do an AUTO ADJUST in the acces point using AJAX

i do it using a macro, but this do not work without the ieplugin

some idea?

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Reply
Not applicable

I've been working on a methodology for this using some examples of movement macros. The problem though is that it is a macro, and we all know macro limitations of ajax.

However! It does work, and I'm able to code around the fact that ajax uses a completely different set of coordinates to map position and dimensions of objects (standard coords X 3.125) , I was able to right a string to first detext ajax vs not ajax, and then adjust the macro accordingly. You have to have macros enabled on the server, and expect a lot of frustrations making it work 100%, but as of now the process I made has the following abilities within the dashboard it's used on :

Initial layout is a 4 x 3 grid of groups of text and chart objects. Each group has between 3-5 objects that need to remain in a group throughout movements.

One of the objects in each group can be disabled en masse (trend line charts) and the remaining objects adjust their location upwards to keep same distances as before. 1 of the objects in each group (a text box providing a dynamic color border on each group) also resizes smaller to make up for the removed space.

Clicking an object group refocusses to that group, moving the group to the top left corner, and resizes the color text box to a much larger size to encompass the entire area where the 4x3 grid existed. This movement also applies dynamically based on the hide/show of the trend charts. Clicking object again returns to original unedited layout.

User can move and resize any of the main objects and press a button to auto-resize and reset locations back to default.

All of these processes function exactly the same whether in ajax, ieplugin, or qlikview desktop client.

The ONE thing I have been unable to pull off is to have this code trigger automatically on load by bookmark. I had to add a button to launch the macro in those cases because the on open trigger doesnt function in ajax.

After I clean out some of my company's proprietary info I will be sharing this methodology as a white paper since I've seen it requested and no good single solution presented before this.