Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Autogenerate dates and other data from resident table

Hi all,

I'm going to continue researching this but as yet haven't found an answer in any existing post so here's a new one - hope someone can help!

I have loaded some Advert data:

Adverts:
LOAD
AD_ID,
Site_ID.
AdStartDate,
AdEndDate,
AdTotalImpressions
FROM AllAds.csv;

Now I need to create a new table from this data which, for each AD_ID, generates a record for every day between AdStartDate and AdEndDate, together with an Impressions value of AdTotalImpressions divided by the number of days between AdStartDate and AdEndDate, inclusive.

For example:

AD_ID 10 starts on 01/02/2011 and ends on 28/02/2011 and has a total Impressions of 28,000. Site_ID=1
AD_ID 20 starts on 01/02/2011 and ends on 10/02/2011 and has a total Impressions of 20,000. Site_ID=2

I want 38 records in my new table - each with 4 fields (AD_ID, Site_ID, Date, Impressions):

The first 28 records should have AD_ID=10, Site_ID=1, Date=<28 values, 01-28/02/2011>, Impressions=1,000
The next 10 records should have AD_ID=20, Site_ID=2, Date=<10 values, 01-10/02/2011>, Impressions=2,000

Hope this is clear and you can help!

Thanks,

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to use LOAD ... WHILE functionality (look it up in the manual). Something along those lines (don't guarantee the syntax):

LOAD

AD_ID,
Site_ID.
date(AdStartDate + IterNo() - 1 ) as Date,
AdTotalImpressions

RESIDENT Adverts

WHILE
AdStartDate + IterNo() - 1 <= AdEndDate
;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to use LOAD ... WHILE functionality (look it up in the manual). Something along those lines (don't guarantee the syntax):

LOAD

AD_ID,
Site_ID.
date(AdStartDate + IterNo() - 1 ) as Date,
AdTotalImpressions

RESIDENT Adverts

WHILE
AdStartDate + IterNo() - 1 <= AdEndDate
;

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thank you very much - your answer confirmed I was on the right lines with code I found in another post, however I had been using RowNo() in my date creation rather than IterNo() which meant it wasn't resetting with each Ad_ID - a simple change and all is well!

Thanks again mate - much appreciated,

Jason