Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic QlikView Refresh?

Hi fellow community members,

I was wondering, I have a desire to post a dashboard onto a big screen tv in a production facility.  What are some options I might have to get the screen to automatically refresh as no one will be touching this computer for anything else?  Also, will I have to change the timer_mode in my today()'s?  Currently they are all set to 0.

Thanks!

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Auto refresh is available only with Server.

Regards,  tresesco

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

If you're not doing this in Server, you may be able to get away with using a macro to do a reload, then pause for a certain amount of time, then do another reload etc.  Ajust the looping as necessary, and just remember Ctrl+Break will halt the macro.

Sub TimedReload

For i = 1 to 5   'number of times to execute

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Sleep 3600000  'in milliseconds

ActiveDocument.DoReload 2,false,false

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

Next

End Sub

I'm assuming your data needs to be reloaded throughout the day and not only overnight....

Not applicable
Author

We have server I believe as we can have an accesspoint site internal to our company(web address for browser.) When you look at a dashboard, it will periodically update some fields just while you look at them. 

However, I'm not sure if it updates everything.  For example, overnight the days might not update?  I'll test it out and see what all can be said about the results here later.

Not applicable
Author

Would this work in server?

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

I don't believe this macro would work in Server.  Can't you just have Server (Publisher) do a periodic reload on the document?  I see the challenge as things refreshing in the client without somebody clicking on something..but I've never really tried this.  On the "Server" tab of the Document Properties dialog (in the developer client) you can set  "Refresh Mode when Document is Updated on Server" to "Server performs refresh automatically without client action" but I'm thinking that is reliant on the client making (any) call back to the server.

Not applicable
Author

Did this Macro Worked for you Brandon ?
I am in need of the same feature for my report development where my report will be showcased on Big TV screens which needs to be refreshed automatically for every 15min.

Can you Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What browser will you use?

If Firefox, find out about the extension "Reload Every".

I think the best way would be to make this setting on the browser being used.

And the server has the option every 'x' minutes.

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rebeca,

That is also a solution but asking client to do so for every time he opens the page on the TV isn't good i guess.
can you suggest some other solution which can be handled from report coding side.

Jayendra

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The ReloadEvery is a complement for Firefox that lets you set up a cycle of automatic updates to pages opened by the browser. It is 'Automatic', need not do anything, from what I understand, only configure.

Unfortunately it's the solution that I know.

Rebeca