cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic Tab Change by Time

Hi everybody,

I have a QV application that will be displayed on a TV. So I need the application to change tabs automatically from time to time.

I've tried to make a macro that does that but with no success.

code exemplo:

Sub automatic_tab

qtd_total = ActiveDocument.NoOfSheets

num_planilha = 0

aux_tempo = 1000

For num_planilha = 0 To qtd_total-1

ActiveDocument.NextTab()

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Sleep aux_tempo

Next

End Sub

It seems that QV executes all the code and not sptep by step so it doesn't work how i would like it did.
Could anybody help me?
Have you done something similar?
Thanks,
Leandra Scordamaglia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Instead of switching tabs you can show just one according to yours condition. You can find a sample in attachment.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Instead of switching tabs you can show just one according to yours condition. You can find a sample in attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great idea. Big Smile

I'll think about that.

The only problem now is to find how to apply this to QV if more than 2 tabs.

This one in particular as already 5 tabs.

Regards,

Leandra Scordamaglia

Not applicable
Author

It's not about number of sheets. It's all about proper conditions for them. Check an example for 5 sheets in attachment.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here's a template where you can just enter the number of seconds for each tab in an inline table. Then each tab just needs a conditional show expression of $(vShow(tabnumber)), like $(vShow(1)) for tab 1. Might take a little of the work out of setting up the conditions for each tab, and gives you a common expression and maintenance point.

Edit: Forgot to mention - one of the main advantages of using this sort of approach instead of a macro approach (assuming you could get it to work) is performance. Macros drop any buffered data, like charts. On a TV display, nobody is going to be making selections, so the charts are likely static. If a chart takes 3 seconds to calculate, with the macro approach, it will take those same 3 seconds every time you switch to that tab. With the conditional display approach, it should only take those 3 seconds the very first time, and from then on should display the pre-calculated chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just perfect ! ! ! Yes

It's working wonderfully.

Lots of thanks.

Big Smile

jimgibson
Contributor
Contributor

This works fine when I have it in Qlikview Desktop but when I push it up to the server and run it from accesspoint. it does not work unless I click somewhere on the sheet.  The seconds counter counts when you have it open in desktop but does not when you open it in accesspoint.

Are there some settings I am missing?