Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thabo2g5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Average of measured field

Hi everyone

i have a field i call availability of which I've calculated so i want to find the average of that calculated field  to be on the text object  like this

i did a total mode(choosing average per row ) of the calculated measure availability on straight table  i got this, so i want the 96.64 to be on the text object like above one.

Thank you in advance

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How is your expression looks like?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

What is your dimension and your expression? Try this

Avg(Aggr(Expression, Dimension))

its_anandrjs

Copy your Average Availability metric and on text box and plot percentage expression.

thabo2g5
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1-((sum(Downtime)/(sum({<avail_FLAG={'WeekDay'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsWorkingDay))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Saturday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSaturday))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Sunday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSunday)))))

sunny_talwar

What about your dimension? How many dimensions do you have and what are there names?

thabo2g5
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

my dim is application number and my expression is the one below(availability/count(application_ID)

1-((sum(Downtime)/(sum({<avail_FLAG={'WeekDay'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsWorkingDay))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Saturday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSaturday))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Sunday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSunday))))) /Count(Application_ID)

sunny_talwar

Try this

Avg(Aggr(1-((sum(Downtime)/(sum({<avail_FLAG={'WeekDay'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsWorkingDay))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Saturday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSaturday))+sum({<avail_FLAG={'Sunday'}>}Avail_Time)*(sum(IsSunday))))) /Count(Application_ID), [Application Number]))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To get that value, choose "Expression Total" for the total mode for the expression.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein