Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zekazak
Creator
Creator

Avoid [ExpressionColumnName1]+[ExpressionColumnName2] Syntax

Hello guys,

I've got a pivot table with several expressions. Each expression is saved in a variable so I can use $(vExpressionVariable1) syntax in the pivot table to get the result.

I've also got two expressions that are currently dependent on each other as I'm using syntax something like:

1. ExpressionName1:

[ExpressionName2] + $(vExpressionVariable1)

and

2. ExpressionName2:

[ExpressionName1] + $(vExpressionVariable1)

There is no problem to use them together in one pivot table. The result is as expected. But my goal is to use them independently in the QV app. Let's say if I just want to display only [ExpressionName1] in the table. Please check the QVW I've attached for better view.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

~Sergejs

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create the 3rd and 4th variables with the contents of ExpressionName1 & ExpressionName2. You just cannot use a column name outside the specified chart itself.

BR

Serhan

zekazak
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Serhan,

Yes this is what I tried already. But there is a specific case which doesn't allow me to do that. See the file (qvw) attached. The problem is that one expression is being calculated based on the second expressions result and vise versa. That's the reason why I've currently got them in one pivot table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sergejs,

Yes, I see you have a problem with before() function.

You need a different perspective then. Deal with these tricks on script side. You need to alter the table and create your columns or flags there.

Hints are : order by, peek().

Just search these tricks above. You may come across in community as well.

BR

Serhan

zekazak
Creator
Creator
Author

Does anyone else have any other ideas of possible solutions?

marcus_sommer

You could try to simulate this table-calculation with a (quite) complex aggr() function - http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=aggr+hic&type=post - but I think the suggestions from http://community.qlik.com/people/zekazak with a scripting approach is better.

- Marcus