Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Background Color

Hi

Can someone help me in fixing this , the Background color is getting complicated with the complex expression and alternate states I have ..

I want the below logic , can I get this with the columns numbers or names of expressions instead of using the complete expressions ? I should not see any white in background color.

FCI Status:

If ( FCI % > SLA FCI , RED() ,

If(SLA FCI is Null , Red(),

If(FCI% < SLA FCI, GREEN)

TP99 Status

If ( TP99  > SLA_TP99 , RED() ,

If(TP99 is Null , Red(),

If(TP99 < SLA_TP99, GREEN)

Thanks!

6 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

First of all move all numeric fields to expressions and the you can easily use this expressions in color expressions.

You can use expression names in the color expressions

If ( [FCI %] > [SLA FCI] , RED() ,

If([SLA FCI] is Null , Red(),

If([FCI%] < [SLA FCI], GREEN())))

Regards,

Jagan.

Saravanan_Desingh

If([FCI %]>[SLA_FCI],

Red(),

If(IsNull([SLA_FCI]),

Red(),

If([FCI %]<[SLA_FCI],Green()

)

)

)

Yes, as Jagan said, we can use Expression Names. Visual Cues wont be helpful if you have complex Expression for defining Background.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't want to move dimensions to expressions because its getting complicated to have all those dimensions with only expressions , and also most of them show 0 if I use them in expression , this way I get the data correct and also my filters selections working well ... I tried that before ... 

Digvijay_Singh

Can you share your dimensions and expressions, based on that it can be verified whether expression name can be used or not, they need to be available first before we use in bk color. May be I misunderstood the req.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I attached the app , date , function and fci group are dimensions rest all expressions..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have modified the expression , but still I could 1 values with White() , attached the document !