Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II

Bar Chart Issues

Hi All,

In the attached bar chart, From Oct16 to Feb17,

1 --> I need to remove the empty space between the bars

2 --> For entire chart Gray colour bar i need to decrease the width. Like bars.png image

Could you please help me on these two issues.

AAK
15 Replies
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No Anil Babu,

You have decreased the cluster distance, that will decrease the space between the two dimension fields.

But, I am asking about in a single dimension field, One of the expression data is coming as Zero. If i click on Supress Null values, It was showing as empty space between the other bars. For example if you see, Apr17 we have all 4 expression bars, but in the oct 16 we are missing the third bar for that it was showing empty space.

I need to remove that space from the chart.

AAK
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Guys,

At least any idea on 2nd point, bit urgent. Can you please help me in this regard.

AAK
avinashelite

I think we don't have any direct way to do this , the zero value bar are showing up in that blank space and since its from multiple expression it will be shown as the blank space ......

One way is to show the value on data points so that it will show as 0 bars

or

we need to club all the expression and then handle based on the condition

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) I don't think whether we have control for that due to you have hidden space bars

2) The only way you have is increase the width of the chart (As i know). Because, we have option for decrease the width for all metrics but not the specific metric.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok.

Thanks Avinash for update on point1. can you please respond to the 2nd point i.e. we need to decrease the bar width for only single expression. Is this possible in QV.

AAK
ashok1203
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Anil.

AAK