Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnn44794
Partner
Partner

Bar Chart Month Values Not Rolling up

Hello:

I'm having trouble with a Bar chart where the month is not totaling up as a single month.  Instead, I'm getting a Bar each entry of the month.  See the attached screenshot which may help this make more sense.  I should only have one stacked bar for 201901, one for 201902, one for 201903, etc, with the stacks representing each CIO / LOB that has charges for that month.  201901, 02 03, etc, should only show once across the bottom.

CIO / LOB is simply loaded in the load script with no manipulation.  ESTIMATED BILLING START2 is loaded from the load script and created as follows:

AddMonths(Date([COMPLETION_DATE], 'MM/DD/YYYY'), 1) as [COMPLETED ESTIMATED BILLING START2] <-- This is part of the initial load, then a couple more tables are loaded - A NoConcatenate Resident load, then a left join to Excel data and then another NoConcatenate Resident Load is performed where ESTIMATE BILLING START2 is created as follows

Date([COMPLETED ESTIMATED BILLING START2], 'YYYYMM') as [ESTIMATED BILLING START2]

Finally, here is the expression I'm trying to use:

Sum({<[CIO / LOB2] = {'*'}, [ESTIMATED BILLING START2] *= {'201901', '201902', '201903', '201904', '201905', '201906', '201907', '201908'}>} [ORDER LINE COST2])

Please note that there is a variable, vCurrentYear, that I would rather use instead of hard coding each YYYYMM.  I only want the current year data.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pnn44794
Partner
Partner
Author

I fixed the multiple bars for one month by using if statements, which probably isn't the best way to do it, but it works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pnn44794
Partner
Partner
Author

@sunny_talwar, @tamilarasu Maybe one of you might have an idea about this???

pnn44794
Partner
Partner
Author

I fixed the multiple bars for one month by using if statements, which probably isn't the best way to do it, but it works.

View solution in original post