Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar chart - formatting question

Hi,

I am looking at a Bar Chart that was created by another developer.  Here's a screenshot.

QV14.jpg

I pretty much have compared every setting between my version and the one created by someone else and I don't see any

difference.  But I can't multiple years to group together like they had it.  In the above, when the app is first loaded without making any selection, the bar chart shows the last highest 3 years for Jul, Aug, Sept and etc..   The expression is coded as max(year), max(year)-1

and max(year)-2.  When I do the same on my version, it only shows one year at a time.  For example: 2016 Jul, 2016 Aug and etc.  Then when I make a selection on Year 2015, it will show 2015 Jul, 2015 Aug and etc.

What am I missing or how do you make it so it will look like the above?

Thank you

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

what is the difference in set Analysis?

can you post the Expression of both Versions (that one which works and your part?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Finally figured out !!

This expression doesn't work

= -1 * SUM( {

<

FiscalYear={$(=max(FiscalYear)), $(=max(FiscalYear)-1)},

Location={'EAST'} 

>

}

Total

)

However this works.  It seems the bar chart needs 3 sets of years.  Can you guys confirm this with me?

Everyday is a learning day for me.

= -1 * SUM( {

<

FiscalYear={$(=max(FiscalYear)), $(=max(FiscalYear)-1), $(=max(FiscalYear)-2)},

Location={'EAST'} 

>

}

Total

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

great that you found it

With Qlikview you always learn something new, even if you have years of experience

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But am I correct the Bar Chart needs a minimum of 3 sets of fiscal year of data in order to display the data as shown in my original screenshot?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that's correct. otherwise there are missing years

you force Qlikview to get data from those years you specify in set analysis