Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two tables, rows gets multiplied in the 2nd table

I have two tables:

83 Rows in one 85 in the other. Im trying to make a 3rd table that only shows those 2 rows diffing.

But the 2nd tables gets hundreds and hundreds of rows its like it get multiplied for every row.

i will attach my .Qvw and see if someone can hlep me.

I would also like to know what i'm doing wrong 😕

Thanks guys!

Meddelandet redigerades av: Niklas Söderqvist Uppdated .Qvw

Meddelandet redigerades av: Niklas Söderqvist updated qvw

20 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi,

First off at the moment your two tables are not linked in the data model so by bringing 'row' in to your second table, you're creating a Cartesian join which is exactly what you say, every row is joining.

What fields are you looking to test?

Not applicable
Author

None they are just from 2 different sources. I want to see the exact same amount of rows wiht same information in both.

And then in the 3rd table IF it doesnt match if one table has one more row than the other, then it should show only that row in the 3rd table.

Not applicable
Author

Oh sorry didnt see that I used RowNo() in both tables I removed that linked one and added a EOD_RowNo and got my expected result.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Try loading the table second table using where not exists :

Table1:

Load

Key,

A,

B,

from abc.xls;

Table2:

Load

Key,

P

Q

from pqr.xls

where not exists(Key);

Drop Table Table1;

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

OK, so in your second table remove the column 'row' as this doesn't belong to this table.

You already have EOD.rowno() in there which is your row number.

Not applicable
Author

Exactly working fine now! Thanks Now I need to make my where not exist work. Any ideas?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok so to get your third table then firstly I would rename EOD.rowno() something better, re-use your RowNo() as row so you get EOD.row

Then you could run this (might need some tweaking sorry written without testing):

table3:

LOAD *

resident EOD

where not exists (EOD.row,row);

Concatentate

LOAD *

resident marketplacedeals

where not exists (row,EOD.row);

Not applicable
Author

This doesnt work field not found row

adamdavi3s