Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart showing supervisor turnover rate

Hi All -

Thanks in advance!

I am calculating turnover rates for each supervisor and then showing the 'top 10' managers with the highest turnover rate in a bar chart.

How do i limit the numerator and denominator in the expression to count terms and headcount just for that supvid?

Dimension = supvid

Expression =

Count ({$<  STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EEID)

/

AVG( aggrCount ({$< STATUS = {"Active","LOA"},  TERM_TYPE = ,  TERM_REASON =  >} DISTINCT EEID ) , CYCM) )

Thanks!

Pat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was using CYCM for the monthly trend view (which aggregates headcount of the period and averages it).  CYCM = 7/1/12, 8/1/12 etc.

So, i removed that from this view and it works, thanks.

=      Count ({$<  EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)

/

Count ({$< EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Active","LOA"}, TERM_TYPE = , TERM_REASON = >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)          

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think your numerator should only count terminations for that supvid.

I am not sure with your denominator, since you are using an advanced aggregation. What is field CYCM and how is it related to your supervisors?

I assume your denominator returns the total headcount (?), disregarding the dimension value.

To debug, it would probably be better to create an expression per numerator / denominator, so you can actually see the numbers and locate the cause of your issue.

It might also be helpful if you can post a small sample app demonstrating your issue (upload is available in advanced editor).

Not applicable
Author

The numerator is working properly - total terms for the dimension (supervisor).

The denominator should be total headcount for the dimension (supervisor), but it is returning total headcount for all supervisors.

Not applicable
Author

I was using CYCM for the monthly trend view (which aggregates headcount of the period and averages it).  CYCM = 7/1/12, 8/1/12 etc.

So, i removed that from this view and it works, thanks.

=      Count ({$<  EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Terminated"}  >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)

/

Count ({$< EMPLOYEE_STATUS = {"Active","LOA"}, TERM_TYPE = , TERM_REASON = >} DISTINCT EMPLOYEE_ID)