Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

Bar chart to display multiple fields

Dear Qlikview Experts,

I have this set of data wanted to import from excel.

Capture1.PNG

Is it possible for me to create a bar chart with something looks like below?

Capture.PNG

I want to display all products consumed by customers (1-5) but excluding product B.

I had attached sample of qvw and excel file for your reference. Thank you so much for your time!

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

sure you can - make a barchart, give it two dimensions - Customer and Product (customer must be the first dimension in order, you'll see) and you'll get groups of bars. You can either filter out Product B in the script, but you probably want to display it somewhere, no? Then you can build some set_analysis into the formul for your bars to exclude product B.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Ah - just had a look at your "Testing.qvw", it won't work that way - you obviously have a crosstable there, with the dimension "Customer" across - you have to load it as such or transpose it so that you have one column "Customer", one column "Product" and one "Value" in your resulting table. Then you can make it into a barchart.

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Friedrich,

Couldn't figure out on how to achieve the solution based on your explanation. Are you able to guide me step by step?

Best Regards

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Friedrich,

The alternative solution that I can think of to achieve similar outcome would be using a straight table chart. However, I have problem in removing columns if that particular customer didn't purchase any products. In this case I would like to remove Customer1 column, how can I achieve that using a straight table chart instead?

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards

tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA

Capture.JPG

hiteshpatil11
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Zhang,

You can try this:

1. Load Excel with Cross table to Create Customer as Separate Column:

Table:

CrossTable(Customer,Sales)

LOAD Product,

Customer1,

Customer2,

Customer3,

Customer4,

Customer5

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

2. Take Customer and Product Dimensions in Bar Chart in this Order:dim.JPG

3. Expression: Sum(Sales)

4. Check Values on Data Points check box in Expressions

Check.JPG

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hitesh

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Tresesco B,

Your solution works perfectly for me, just to clarify with you for the calculated dimension. What is the correct syntax if I want to use " = " instead of "<>" ? So that next time I can made changes of the chart if I just want to show a few specific products.

For example change from : =if(Product<>'B',Product)

For example change to : =if(Product='A' , 'C' , 'D', 'E', Product) ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

For example change to : =if(Product='A' , 'C' , 'D', 'E', Product) ?

It would be like:

=if(Match(Product ,'A' , 'C' , 'D', 'E'), Product)