cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_burgess
Contributor III
Contributor III

Behaviour of Variables in QlikView v12

Can anyone advise me, has there been a change in behaviour of variables, from QV v11 to v12? We have recently upgraded, from QV Server v11.2 to v12.3.  Whereas certain variables previously used to recalculate on the selection of an item in a listbox, that now does not seem to happen.

Thanks if anyone can enlighten me, or else tell me I'm misguided and they behave the same as they always have - in which case I have a different problem.

Pete

1 Solution
3 Replies
peter_burgess
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Rob, I believe this is the reason, I have several alternate states established in the document. I had previously considered that alternate states were affecting things but didn't know how to test it.

The behaviour I am seeing fits the explanation that you gave in your article.

My task now will be to get the correct syntax in the variable expression(s) to ensure they are returning the correct values.

peter_burgess
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Just a final post to confirm that the Alternate State situation was the cause of the observed behaviour change. I have now modified my variable expressions accordingly, to take account of the State, and the QV document is performing as it used to in v11. Thanks again Rob.