cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothyj
Creator
Creator

Binary Load Missing Master Calendar Rows

I tend to develop the data model in in QVWs and then use a binary to load them into the app people use. This includes the master calendar. I have one app that uses check dates. The master calendar is the latest script from the Q Cookbook (Rob Wunderlich) which takes the max and min dates and populates between. This works fine in the initial QVW. I get all dates, whether checks were written or not, like holidays and weekends. When I load this with a binary into the final app, my master calendar is missing any rows that do not have checks.  From an optimization standpoint, this could be good. However, it is messing up some NPrinting reporting. Anybody know anything about this? Other than moving the master calendar script to the final app, can I do anything to stop this? And at this point I am just really curious about this behavior.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
jwaligora
Creator II
Creator II

The documentation makes mention of potential data loss in the presence of synthetic keys. Does your data model have any?

Beyond that I have no idea...

If it turns out that you do have to patch it, try storing the calendar table into qvd and then pulling the qvd into the app rather than replicating all the calendar logic from scratch.

timothyj
Creator
Creator
Author

I saw that, but not a synthetic key. Just a date key, which would be a dual but not a synthetic key I do not think. Other apps using the same process are bot dropping dates/data. Weird.

jwaligora
Creator II
Creator II

A synthetic key is not related to the data type of the field on which the tables are linked. It's auto-created when tables have more than 1 field name in common, and starts with $Syn. Chances are you would know if you had it 🙂