Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary load

Hi Experts,

How to get UI part and Section access and Variables while we go for Binary Load? Is there any option

- Raj

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Edit:

No, we can't able to move UI Part, Variables..

But why you need that ?

I think, you can copy the original file and use it if you need all the information .

Could you explain little bit more

Thanks swuehl‌ for correct it

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
swuehl
MVP
MVP

From the HELP file:

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables.

So, section access will be loaded from your source QVW. You need to create the variables and UI in the destination QVW.

Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

We can't copy UI in binary load.

To copy variables from one application to other see below link

http://qlikviewmaven.blogspot.in/2008/11/copying-variable-from-one-qlikview.html

Instead of copying saction access , apply saction access on final application.

Not applicable
Author

So, How to get section access part for Binary load

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe you can add section access either to your source QVW (then it's getting binary loaded) or to your destination QVW. But you can't modify or add access rules in your destination QVW using section access if the source file already has section access applied. If this would be possible, it would circumvent security, right?

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

In this post I found some interesting replies that suggested you could overwrite the original section access table. I would think you could make the section access more restrictive than the original file, but not less.

That is an interesting question.

binary reload from a document with section access

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I doubt that you can override section access, and how would you make sections access more restrictive?

How would you remove a user from the list? Or remove values from a field with data reduction?

I vaguely remember the rule that there can be only one section access section, first will take control.

If the latest will take control, this would severly infringe security.

Not 100% sure though given that Miguel should know, so everyone is free to give it a try (I don't have time right now, maybe later on).

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just tested it. Seems like the binary loaded section access table is still valid.

UserID      Password

SectionAccess1:               A          A

SectionAccess2:               B          B

SectionAccess2 binary loads SectionAccess1.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks, I really wanted to do some testing on this as well. I have recently started using both Section Access and Binary loads more, but not in the same apps. I will have to test a few scenarios.