Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Blank Line Under Subtotals

Hi Folks,

Has anybody any idea how I can get a blank line under each subtotal in a pivot table. I have tried entering a blank dimension but I cannot seem to get what I require.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If (dimensionnality()=xx,' ',sum(field))

Where xx is the level where your subtotal is.

Rgds,

Not applicable
Author

hi spastor, I do not think that your example is solving this problem. It will not add blank row to a pivot table after a subtotal row. Actually I do not think that this is possible but if somebody has a solution, I am looking forward to see it.

cheers

karol

Not applicable
Author

Hi spastor,karol,

Thank you for your responses. I cannot get your suggestion to work spastor and am having some trouble coming up with a solution to my issue. I will keep trying 🙂

Thanks again,

Footsie

Not applicable
Author

Hello Footsie,

are you looking for something like this

Talha

Not applicable
Author

What you can do is changing the colour of your expressioin depending on dimensionnality().

IF(dimensionality()=2,rgb(255,255,255)) for example ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Hi Talha,

Thanks for the response

Yes it is something along those lines that I am looking for but I already have 3 expressions in the chart and I need the blank line under the subtotals for the three expressions. I cannot get your sample to work with more than 1 expression in the chart.

Kind Regards

Footsie

Not applicable
Author

actually I found a solution, but it is nasty and requires some dummy data creation during the load. See attached example:)

Not applicable
Author

forgot to attach file:)

Not applicable
Author

Footsie Maybe i am not getting it fully but when i tried with 3 expressions it is showing up 3 blank line attached please see

Talha