Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Budget & time period

Dears,

i am a new in qlikview and i build the all sales dashboards and my manager ask me to add new dashboards that contain the (Budget & Actual) comparative and he needed by using bar charts ;so the issue is i have the years and i don't have the month what i have is a (periods(12 period (12 column))) and the data type for this columns is money , how can i use this 12 period as a month (Jan, Feb.....)

as what i know the bar chart need 1 Megars & 1 or to diminutions  ; i try to use Variables for each period and do Sum for this period and store it in each variable but i know it is not the solution ,

if any one have an idea pleeeeeeeeeeeease   tell me .......

and this is a sample from my data

5 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

The XLS you uploaded has a LOT of columns and I am having a hard time figuring out what the one is you need (based on both the XLS and your description).

What I think to understand is that you have the Budget for the whole year, but want it per month.

So...

What about dividing the budget by 12 while loading?

Example:

Load A, B, C, etc,

YearBudget,

YearBudget/12 as MonthBudget

from [your source].

If that does not solve your problem, please try to explain again and/or upload a simplified XLS that only contains relevant information.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

dear Onno van Knotsenburg  thank you for replay ;

i cant dividing the budget for all year because i need it per month and each month with the actual and amount is different for each month ,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

As Onno mentioned could you please tell us what columns contain the information that you need. It would be much easier for us to find a solution with this information.

Not applicable
Author

if you open the XLS Doc i need to use

this column as a month          (12) month                    

GBAN01GBAN02GBAN03GBAN04GBAN05GBAN06GBAN07GBAN08GBAN09GBAN10GBAN11GBAN12

but because these column actually is the amount (Budget or Actual ) depend on this column (GBLT) 

and my years just 2014 & 2015 it will be the main filter .

how can i use the month column as a Dim & in the same time use it as Expression  in the same chart ;

i suggest to my manager to do each month in separated chart it will be 12 chart (i know it is not the solution) and i will apply my filtration on all chart !

when we do the comparative analysis for anything like year or month it is not an issue if we have multiple Dim

but we have the same column we use it as expression ; how we can do if we have multiple expression we need to use it in one charts .

i hope it is clear .

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Ahmad

What you can do, is use a combination of resident load and cross table load to load your table.

In that way, you can create a BudgetMonth field, from all the column months from the fields GBA01-GBA12, associated with the Budget data, and associate this part with the rest of your table.

I hope this helps.

Agis