Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bug?: Transparent Chart Backgrounds Showing up White

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a recurring issue with a Dashboard that I'm unable to find information about. 

The issue is that I've got chart objects whose backgrounds are set to fully transparent.  When I first load and view the app, each object shows up with a white, non-transparent, background, and blocking out all axis values, like so:

TransparentBackgroundBug.png

The only remedy I've found -- which only lasts for the current session -- is to switch pages (or subpages) and come back to the charts, which resets them to the correct transparency.  So, my current workaround has been to load up the app before each demo, and click through every page and sub-page before presenting it.  In production, this would, of course, be unacceptable.  (This is an executive dashboard, so there's more emphasis on style, and more pressure for it to be perfect.)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ

4 Replies
rrsrini2907
Creator
Creator

Hi did you try checking the plot color instead of background color.

Regards,

Srini.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I want the plot color to stay light gray, just so the actual chart pops out a bit from the background.

Thanks,

DJ

Not applicable
Author

I had the same issue and it took quite a bit of playing around to get it to work. Here is what I did:

• Navigate to the colors tab of the Chart Properties
  • Select the 'Color' radio button in the Frame Background subsection
  • Click the Background button and set transparency to 100%
  • Click the Plot Area button and set the color to your desired color (in my case a 2 color gradient with shades of grey)
  • Adjust the overall Transparency slider in the Frame Background subsection to something close to 0%, but not zero percent

Personally, I just click on the overall Transparency slider in the Frame Background subsection and use the arrow keys to adjust the setting to one right arrow key tap. That way it is as close to 0% transparent as possible.

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes this is a bug, I have the same problem.

It seems for some reason Qlikview does not pick up the transparency of the plot background upon loading of the model. The only way around this is to completely set the background to transparent as in the below picture.

Unfortunately this takes away any custom background for the plot area.

2017-05-23 16_15_57-Chart Properties [Free Space].png