Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Building a Radar Chart

Can someone walk me through building a radar chart in QlikView? And can you build a radar chart in QlikView with different ranges (maximum and minimum values) and scales for the different axes?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a new sheet object (Layout->New Sheet Object or right click on the sheet and select New Sheet Object). Choose Chart. Next click on the Radar Chart icon to select the radar chart as chart type. You then have two choices. You can add a dimension and have the values of that dimension used as axes or you can use no dimension in which case your expression will become axes. Then add your expression(s). That's enough to create a radar chart.

On the Axes tab of the properties window you can set a minumum and maximum for the axes, but these don't act per axis afaict but for all axes together. The minimum you set won't do anything until you also uncheck the Forced 0 option

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Is there any way to type in an expression in the static min and max so we can change the minimum and maximum values for each axis? I have 4 axes. 1 axis has data that ranges from 30-50%; another arm has data that ranges from 0-10%, etc. If I plot everything in a large range from, say 0-50% then all the data looks condensed. Or do you have a different suggestion for spreading out the data?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You could try 'normalizing' the data so the results fall in the same range. But you also can have only one axis scale. So if you go this route you'll want to hide that since it won't make sense anymore. Your options are very limited I'm afraid. Maybe a number of bars charts is a better solution.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand