Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Buttons to set variables on another sheet

Hello

I have 4 buttons on sheet 1 and 4 graphs on sheet 2

If the user clicks on button 1 on sheet 1, I want graph 1 to show on sheet 2

Then if the user clicks on button 2 on sheet 1, I want graph 2 to show on sheet 2

Could some kindly tell me if this is possible, and how I would go about achieving this technique

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On this topic, there must be a thousand example documents available in the community. But here is one that tries to demonstrate everything about connecting buttons to objects by way of variables, toggling object visibility, replacing objects with other objects and setting button labels depending on the visibility of an object.

Enjoy!

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, this is possible.

The best method to let buttons control the visibility of objects, involves variables. Variables are available everywhere, so you can hide an object inb the sale sheet, on the next sheet or on all sheets at the same time.

Create four variables. Each variable will control the visibility of a single chart on sheet 2.

To every button, add a External->Set Variable action that toggles the value of a specific variable. Use a formula like:

=IF (vVariable1 = 0, 1, 0)

In every chart on sheet 2, enable conditional show and put the corresponding variable in the expression field. For chart 1, enter vVariable1 in the field.

If you want to show only a single chart at a time, add three more actions to every button that reset the other variables to 0, and change the action expression for this button simply to value 1

Best,

Peter

idogridish2
Creator III
Creator III

hi helen_pip,

you can use condition in the layout tab of the graphs

see the attached !

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On this topic, there must be a thousand example documents available in the community. But here is one that tries to demonstrate everything about connecting buttons to objects by way of variables, toggling object visibility, replacing objects with other objects and setting button labels depending on the visibility of an object.

Enjoy!

Peter

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello

Thank you for your suggestion

With your help I was able to put the action of v_selected = 1

v_selected = 2

v_selected = 3

v_selected =4

In the actions tab of the buttons, along with activate sheet

In the conditional show on the graph on sheet 2  I just referenced the variable as suggested I.e. v_selected = 1

Thanks for your help

Helen