Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate Duration of Actual Working with TIMESTAMP

Hello everyone,

I am currently using a metric to calculate the duration between 2 Timestamps :

Interval(Max([TIMESTMP])-Min([TIMESTMP]),'h:m'

If I select a specific day, my value is fine => I obtain the number of hours of working during the day selected.

MY PROBLEM is that I want to calculate the number of working hours over several days and if I select more than 1 day the metric that I use will include the time between last timestamp of today and first timestamp of tomorrow. As a consequence I obtain a much bigger duration that I want.

To clarify a bit, what I want is to be able to sum the different durations that I obtain for each separate days instead of measuring the time between the first timestamp of the first day and the last timestamp of the last day.

Illustration:

Transaction NumberDateHour
x11-AUG-158:00
x21-AUG-1512:00
x3

1-AUG-15

16:00
x42-AUG-159:00
x52-AUG-1512:00
x63-AUG-158:00
x73-AUG-1514:00

For example in this case, the metric i'm currently using  gives me the whole time between 8:00 on 1st august and 14:00 on 3rd august => 54 hours (between those 2 hours)
WHAT I WANT is a formula that would give me : 8 (hours of 1st day) + 3 (2nd day) + 6 (3rd Day) = 17 hours of Actual working.

If you can help me I'd be really graceful.
Have a good day !

Alexandre BERNARD

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try Interval(sum(aggr( Max([TIMESTMP])-Min([TIMESTMP]),Date)) ,'h:m' )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Interval(sum(aggr( Max([TIMESTMP])-Min([TIMESTMP]),Date,[Transaction Number])) ,'h:m' )