Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated Dimension Grouping issue

Hi Family, I have been battling with grouping values using a calculated dimension. So I created a the dimension and specified a set of values I want displayed, and also created an expression which simply gives me a count of all my customers. The issue is that not all values in my calculated dimension are distributed into their correct buckets:

Dimension

=if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=0 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) < 1,Dual('R0 - R0',1),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=1 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) <= 10000,Dual('R1 - R10,000',2),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=10001 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) <= 50000,Dual('R10,001 - R50,000',3),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=50001 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) <= 250000,Dual('R50,001 - R250,000',4),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=250001 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) <= 500000,Dual('R250,001 - R500,000',5),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=500001 and Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID]) <= 3000000,Dual('R500,001 - R3mil',6),

if(Aggr(Sum(Amount),[Customer ID])>=3000001,Dual('> R3 milllion',7),'')))))))

Expression

Count([Customer ID])

For instance, Some of my amount values that are less than 3 million are showing in the 3 million buckets and visa versa. Urgently need help on this and very much appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,

19 Replies
sunny_talwar

Isn't this what this is saying

Capture.PNG

There are 257 customers who have spent more than 3 million? and 644 customers who have spent between 500,000 and 3 million and so on.... When you add Amount as a dimension... a customer could have spent 10 one time and 50 million another time... he would then fall into two buckets... but if we sum it up, we see that the customer has spent over 50 million.....

Not applicable
Author

You are right about Sunny, I totally agree with you. but lets say I want to see how many customers have spent more than 3 million with me in detail. I would select that in my listbox and have a more detailed view of that to see who exactly the customers are, as below.Sample2.qvw.PNG

But as you can see on every row above, I am still getting zero (R0,00) amount falling within the >R3 Million Amount Bucket for some customers. It seems wrong to me. if the Amount_Bucket says >R3 Million then the Amount column should only be populated with records that are more than 3 Million.

I hope I'm making sense

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

The reason this Customer 3A000261  shows under this 500 to 3mil bucket, is because the customers total spend fell between that range. By adding the amount in the the table, it will show each and every amount for the customer and all the amounts will be the 500 to 3 mil bucket, as that was the customers total spend, and the customer is counted once.

Kind regards

Kamiel

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sello,Maybe remove the amount column from you dimension and change the Amount Expression to thisSUM(Total <[Customer ID]> Amount)

Kind RegardsKamiel

sunny_talwar

I guess I am still not completely sure what you are trying to get at... but if I select a single customer (3K000121)

Capture.PNG

His Sum(Amount) of made up of smaller Amounts... what are you hoping to see here? Individual amounts in different buckets even for a single customer?

Not applicable
Author

Oh Yes Sunny!!   I would like to see Individual amounts in different buckets for a single customer, could that be possible?

Not applicable
Author

I understand Kamiel and you're correct. would it be possible to have all amounts in different buckets for that particular customer though?

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, Using Sunny's calculated dimension, add Amount to the aggregation.

Not applicable
Author

That's what I am doing, check my initial/original post. Is that what you mean?

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

This is what I mean

=Aggr(

If(Sum(Amount) >= 0 and Sum(Amount) < 1, Dual('R0 - R0', 1),

If(Sum(Amount) <= 10000, Dual('R1 - R10,000', 2),

If(Sum(Amount) <= 50000, Dual('R10,001 - R50,000', 3),

If(Sum(Amount) <= 250000, Dual('R50,001 - R250,000', 4),

If(Sum(Amount) <= 500000, Dual('R250,001 - R500,000', 5),

If(Sum(Amount) <= 3000000, Dual('R500,001 - R3mil', 6),

If(Sum(Amount) >=3000001, Dual('> R3 milllion', 7),''))))))), [Customer ID],Amount)