Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculated Dimension

Dear All,

i am trying to create a graph/ table to show the value above 30k and number of stores and below 10k number of stores.

The formula i am using is calculating the values but i am not sure how to limit it above 30k

=aggr(
(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)) ,
CSTM_CD) 

it is also breaking up the totals into different values instead of just one sum?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kallie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with:

=aggr(
IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>30000, '>30K'
  ,IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>10000, '>10K')) ,
CSTM_CD) 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with:

=aggr(
IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>30000, '>30K'
  ,IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>10000, '>10K')) ,
CSTM_CD) 
Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

this worked perfectly thank you

Thank you

Kallie

Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

From initial looks the calcualted dimension is working correctly. but it is under the expression count it is not actually totalling up correctly.

Below i used a excel sheet to calculate it uses the same expressions as in the calculated graph and the totals are different.

count in attached sheet is >30 - 217

>10 - 148

how ever qlikview is calculating 

>30 - 215

>10 - 139

this is under the 2019 tab.

Would you be able to assist me with this?

Thank you

Kallie

Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben,

i just realized why it is calculating correctly for 2020 but not for 2019.

in the calculated dimension we have (=MaxString(Year) which is current year. but in my expression i am adding in 2019 in as well. which is then adding them up wrong

any idea of how i can fix that?

Thank you

Kallie

rubenmarin

Can you try if this works?:

=aggr(
IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year),2)"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>30000, '>30K'
  ,IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year),2)"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>10000, '>10K')) ,
CSTM_CD)

Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

it unfortunately still gives the same calculations.

what does the 2 do if i may ask?

Thank you

Kallie

rubenmarin

Hi Kallie, I post it wrong, it should be a parameter of Maxstring(), 2 means to get the second max value

=aggr(
IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year,2))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>30000, '>30K'
  ,IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year,2))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>10000, '>10K')) ,
CSTM_CD)

Kreyneke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rubenmarin

unfortunately the values for 2019 is still the same

Thank you

Kallie

rubenmarin

Maybe adding Year field to aggr():

=aggr(
IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year,2))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>30000, '>30K'
  ,IF(sum({<Year = {"$(=MaxString(Year))","$(=MaxString(Year,2))"}>}rangesum(Lens_Total_Net) * SETTLEMENT_%)>10000, '>10K')) ,
CSTM_CD, Year)

If you could upload a sample I could make some tries.