Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EL_MAR
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calculating YTD in Qlick View

I want to calculate the YTD for every given year, as seen in the table.

EL_MAR_0-1717493464654.png

I have the following formula for the max year. Does anybody have an idea how to adapt the formula so the YTD is calculated individualy for every single year. If possible I would like a formel that can be used for the whole table instead of having a formula for each year

=Num((Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearEnd)"}>}[Adjusted NAV])-Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]))/Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]),'##,##%')

Labels (2)
12 Replies
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @EL_MAR,

Check with this:

YTD:
Num((
Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year(Valuationdate), Valuationdate={"<=$(=Max({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year(Valuationdate)>} Valuationdate))"}>} [Adjusted NAV]) -
Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year(Valuationdate), Valuationdate = {"$(=Date(YearStart(Max(Valuationdate)), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} [Adjusted NAV])
) / Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year(Valuationdate), Valuationdate = {"$(=Date(YearStart(Max(Valuationdate)), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} [Adjusted NAV]),
'##,##%')

******Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.******** 

EL_MAR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

the function is not working. It says there is an error...

TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Check this:

Num(
(Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year,
Valuationdate = {"<=$(=Max({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year>} Valuationdate))"}>}
[Adjusted NAV])
- Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year,
Valuationdate = {"=$(=YearStart(Max({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year>} Valuationdate)))"}>}
[Adjusted NAV]))
/ Sum({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year,
Valuationdate = {"=$(=YearStart(Max({<Year(Valuationdate) = $::Year>} Valuationdate)))"}>}
[Adjusted NAV]),
'##,##%')

EL_MAR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

EL_MAR_0-1718287218857.png

It still indicates that there is an errror. I copy and past it straight as it was written

lennart_mo
Contributor III
Contributor III

You could try defining the variables with dynamic values rather than one static value.

The value of vYearEnd could be defined as YearEnd(Valuationdate) i.e., so you can use your initial formula with this variable, except maybe you'll need to add an '=' in the $ expression to resolve the string.

=Num((Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(=vYearEnd)"}>}[Adjusted NAV])
-Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(=vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]))
/Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(=vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]),'##,##%')

EL_MAR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If I use the vYearEnd the formula is calculating for just the current year. 

Maybe my script helps to find a solution...

EL_MAR_0-1718353153805.png

EL_MAR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

YTD formula:

=Num((Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearEnd)"}>}[Adjusted NAV])-Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]))/Sum({<Valuationdate={"$(vYearStart)"}>}[Adjusted NAV]),'##,##%')

I wanted to add the additional formulas that are in the main formula:

vYearStart: =Monthend(YearStart(Max(Valuationdate)))

vYearEnd: =Max(Valuationdate)

marcus_sommer

Such matching shouldn't be done within the UI else within the data-model in the calendar and this is there quite easy, for example:

if(daynumberofyear(Date) < daynumberofyear(today()), 1, 0) as YTD,
daynumberofyear(Date) as DayNumber

and then an expression might be look like:

sum({< YTD = {1}>} Value)

juliano_arruda
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

@EL_MAR , criando uma tabela simples e usando a dimensão de ANO, cria a medida RangeSum(Above(Sum([Valor]), 0, RowNo())).

Acredito que seja suficiente para trazer o acumulado ano a ano. Seria isso?