Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goro2010
Creator
Creator

Calendar Dates

Hi Everyone,

I need some help, I have made my calendar but all my tabs show empty, this is causing that no dates are shown as YEAR / MONTH ect.

Here is my script part:

"Calendar":

LOAD [TrimDate],

Day([TrimDate])                                                                                                     AS [Day],

WeekDay([TrimDate])                                                                                                 AS [WeekDay],

Week([TrimDate])                                                                                                     AS [WeekOfYear],

WeekYear([TrimDate])                                                                                                 AS [WeekYear],        

Month([TrimDate])                                                                                                     AS [Month],

Year([TrimDate])                                                                                                     AS [Year],

Month(Date([TrimDate],'DD/MM/YYYY'))                                                                                AS [Month Name],

Date(MonthStart([TrimDate]),'MMM/YY')                                                                                 AS [MonthFiscal],

Date(YearStart([TrimDate],0,0),'YYYY')                                                                                AS [YearFiscal],

Date([TrimDate],'MM-YYYY')                                                                                         AS [YearMonth],

Year([TrimDate])*100+Month([TrimDate])                                                                                    AS [YearMonth2],  

'Q' & Ceil(Month([TrimDate])/3)                                                                                    AS [Quarter],

Year([TrimDate]) & '/' & 'Q' & Ceil(Month([TrimDate])/3)                                                                AS [YearQuarter],

Num(WeekDay([TrimDate]))                                                                                             AS [Weekday#],

YearToDate([TrimDate], 0,1)                                                                                         AS [CurrentYTDFlag],

YearToDate([TrimDate],-1,1)                                                                                         AS [LastYTDFlag],

If(Mod(Date(YearStart([TrimDate],1,0),'YYYY'),4) = 0 AND Mod(Date(YearStart([TrimDate],1,0),'YYYY'),100) <> 0

OR Mod(Date(YearStart([TrimDate],1,0),'YYYY'),400) = 0,'Yes','No')                                                AS [LeapYearFlag],

If(Year([TrimDate]) = (Year(Today())), 1, 0)                                                                         AS [CY_Flag],

If(Year([TrimDate]) = (Year(Today())-1), 1, 0)                                                                     AS [LY_Flag]

RESIDENT  "V_OBJ_Event3"

;

Date.jpg

Here is my trimming part:

"V_OBJ_Event2":

LOAD [EventDateTime],

Trim(date(date([EventDateTime],'YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT'),'DD/MM/YYYY')) as [TrimDate]

RESIDENT  "V_OBJ_Event";

"V_OBJ_Event3":

NoConcatenate

LOAD *

RESIDENT "V_OBJ_Event";

LEFT JOIN ("V_OBJ_Event3")

LOAD *

RESIDENT "V_OBJ_Event2";

DROP TABLES "V_OBJ_Event2", "V_OBJ_Event";

Trim.jpg

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you use the trim function you create a string. So you need to use the date# function to make a date from the string again.

If you only want to get rid of the time part of the date then use floor(EventDateTime) as TrimDate

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

date#(date([EventDateTime],'YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as [TrimDate]

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you use the trim function you create a string. So you need to use the date# function to make a date from the string again.

If you only want to get rid of the time part of the date then use floor(EventDateTime) as TrimDate

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It should be

date(date#([EventDateTime],'YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as [TrimDate]

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
goro2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot! That worked.