Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Defaults

Hello

The QV calendar object is currently driving me a bit mad!

I have two instances of a calendar object in my application and I want three things:

The first calendar to be set to the current date when the user opens the application

I can do this with a trigger setting the field to =today().

The second calendar to be set to the last day of the previous month. I don't know how to do this.

Both calendars to be locked to always have one date selected. I don't want them to be cleared. There is no option for this in the properties of the calendar object. Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

That's helpful thanks. The calendars are clearing when you click the clear button, because they are like any another selection you make, and there seems to be no way to set them as "always one value selected" as you can do in listboxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In fact, you can use "always one selected".  Create a list box with the same field, select one, and apply this property.  Now you can remove or hide list box - the property is on the field level, it stays valid for calendar as well.