Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Object - Clear Date

Hi,

I have a calendar object that is tied to a variable. When I select a date in the calendar object, the variable gets the value and triggers a selection in a field. But when I clear the field from the current selection box, the value in the calendar object does not clear out. I want the value in the calendar box to clear on clearing the value from current selection box.

Kindly advise!

Thanks!

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Do you happen to be using variables to select a from/to date range? Then when you clear the date field, you want your variables cleared? If so, I'll point you to a way to do it within the data model.

Subroutine to Create Data Model for From/To Date Selection

If not, you can set a variable as an action, so you could clear it that way, but I'm not sure about the trigger itself. You can trigger when changing the field, but I'm not sure of a way to only trigger when clearing a field. I guess you'd trigger every time the field changed, and set the value to an if, like if(field is cleared, blank, current value). I know that's short on detail. OK, I built an example. I don't know what you're doing with the field and variable, but in this case, triggers try to keep the two in sync, at least if there's a single value or cleared. So if you clear the field, the variable clears.