Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzmitry_shmurye
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Calendar object expression

There is simple calendar object and I have to use field with dates there.

I need to restrict the list of dates are available for selection.

Is it possible to write such expression to restrict the list of possible dates when we use a field? (AJAX)

In other words I need to get something like that, but using a field instead of variables:

When I try to write the expression I get the following:

- When nothing is selected:

- One date is selected:

Simple example in attachment.

If anybody has any ideas, please help !

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

I think you must use variables. Like vDateFrom & vDateTo.

After setting the dates in the calendar and assigning values to the variables, you need to activate from in the date field. You can do this with the button.

dzmitry_shmurye
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Unfortunately, I can't use variables because it cause some integration issues for me. I must use only fields.

Any ideas?

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

"because it cause some integration issues for me." - it's interesting.

In my app it works. But my Date (ДАТА) is a primary key in calendar. Maybe problem in your "Date".

Can you add a master calendar in your app? I can share if you do not mind.

dzmitry_shmurye
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I need to use single value as selected item. Also, if I select one date in the calendar I need to see all possible values to change selection, but this list should be restricted by condition, for example if I have 2 calendars (Date From and Date To), users shouldn't be able to see Date To dates are later than selected Date From.

NOTE!!! It should look properly in AJAX. (see my first picture.)

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

I'm afraid that you still need to use variables. When using variables, the period border option is available.