Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator

Can I combine these two graphs in one object?

Hi QlikView Community!

My objective is to combine two graphs in one object.

I created a sample to demonstrate, attached.

Screenshot:

TwoGraphs.PNG

I hope it is possible.

Brgds, Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

Layered one chart on the other with some formatting changes to make sure they don't look like two charts.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is that they have a different second dimension. This will prevent you from putting them in a single chart.

But if you create a cyclic group with Employee Name and Employee Team, you could flip between the two dimensions. You could also use a combo chart with conditional display of bars for the one and lines for the other (as long as that is not confusing to your users). Use GetCurrentField() in the expression conditionals to control which expression(s) should display for which cyclic value.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Depending on what you are trying to do, you can add the employee name as a third dimension to the bar chart.  This will give you totals by time within week, and a breadkup of the individual within each team - see attched

cycle groups with the 2 different dimenstions as mentioned earlier would work as well

sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

Layered one chart on the other with some formatting changes to make sure they don't look like two charts.

Capture.PNG

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Alex,

As per my knowledge it is simple to Remove borders and Hide the the Title of chart so that front end view seems like these are one chart only

May be it will help to u

else please ignore this

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This can be very confusing to users. If they try to click on the bar (on the "behind" chart), they are likely to select a line instead. Selections of an employee or employee group could also cause the two to rescale to a different values so they no longer align.

So for this to work well you normally need to make them read-only and/or ignore selections in all the expressions and/or use suitable calculated scaling expressions in the axis tabs for the two charts.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

I agree, its not the best of ways to create this chart, but its a work around and can be explored more to see if it gives Alex what he wants

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adam.

Thanks for your really great example, I really liked it.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sunny,

is there anyway to do two graphs in one Graph. My problem is if i am moving any one graph i want to move two graphs ..

Butterfly.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful