Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I suppress zero/null values in a pivot table that uses a horizontal expression?

I understand that checking the suppress zero-values box on the Presentation tab will not do the trick ... how can I suppress rows when the Total column is not greater than zero?  I have a pivot table with two dimensions (Supervisor and Name) and a horizontal dimension (Carrier).  The below formula will suppress the zero values at the Supervisor level, but not the Name level.  Any ideas?

This is my current expression formula:

=If(sum(IncludeComp) > 0,

If(SecondaryDimensionality()=0,

Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)  & ' (' &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Apples','Oranges'}, CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>}IncludeComp)   /Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp),'#.00%','.',',')

& ')', Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)))

Here is an example of what the above formula results in (I want the first row to not show):

zerovalue.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

=If(sum(IncludeComp) > 0, If(SecondaryDimensionality()=0,

Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)  &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Apples','Oranges'}, CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>}IncludeComp)  /Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp),'(#.00)%','.',','), Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

See if the below link will be any help...

show totals but suppress values in pivot table

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you be able to provide sample

OR PFA.

Capture.PNG                                             Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

It Should be this format

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can in dimension Name, change for:

if(sum(.....) >0, Name)

and check Supress values null in this dimension

sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

=If(sum(IncludeComp) > 0, If(SecondaryDimensionality()=0,

Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)  &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Apples','Oranges'}, CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>}IncludeComp)  /Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp),'(#.00)%','.',','), Sum({<CreateDate = {"$(=Date(Today()-1, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))"}>} IncludeComp)))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny ... you're knowledge/expertise is impressive.

sunny_talwar

No problem at all, I am glad I was able to help